In the last past years, you will notice an increase in the trend of juicing. The purpose of juicing is to consume fruits and vegetables with the most freshness.
It will soothe your body, mind, and soul. Moreover, the juice of fruits and vegetables is very effective for the human diet. It can help you to maintain a healthy figure.
Recent studies say that juice can bring out the micronutrients from fruits and vegetables. It’s best to intake juice within 20 minutes right after it’s made, but people make juice to consume their time.
What’s the point if we can’t store juice maintaining its nutritive value. So, we have gathered here some exclusive ideas describing how to store fresh juice for maximum freshness.
Best 5 Tips How To Store Fresh Juice With Maximum Freshness
When we make juice, oxidation occurs. This process deteriorates vitamins A, C, and E. There are a few ways to store your juice. We are giving you the guideline on how to store fresh juice for maximum freshness.
1. Freezing Your Juice
- Step 1: Make a juice of fruits and vegetables
- Step 2: Fill it in the container. Make sure you leave 0.5inches space while filling. Because if you don’t give any space for the expansion, the container can burst.
- Step 3: Chill the juice.
- Step 4: Put it into the freezer.
Most of the experts recommend not to freeze your juice. It deteriorates the quality as well as the taste of juice.
2. Refrigerating Your Juice
- Step 1: Make a juice of fruits and vegetables.
- Step 2: Try to use a masticating juicer so that you can store the juice for at least three days.
- Step 3: Fill the juice to the lid so that no oxygen is present. If there is not enough juice, add some water.
- Step 4: Keep it in the refrigerator and try to consume within 24 hours.
The benefit of using a masticating juicer is it doesn’t generate as heat as a centrifugal juicer. So, a juicer cannot be a cause of the quality deterioration of juice.
3. Vacuum Sealing Or Mason Jar
- Step 1: Make a juice of your fruits and vegetables.
- Step 2: Fill it into a jar.
- Step 3: If you use Mason jar, make sure you have placed the lid properly to make it airtight.
- Step 4: For other containers, fill the juice to the top of the lid and ensure the jar is devoid of air. Then put the lid on.
- Step 5: Put the jar into the refrigeration as soon as you can.
4. Remove The Pulp
- Step 1: Take your fruits and vegetables.
- Step 2: Wash it properly.
- Step 3: Remove the pulp because the fibers can cause browning.
- Step 4: Make juice and put it into the freezer.
5. Constant Power Supply
Continuous fluctuation in temperature can deteriorate the quality of the juice. The juice can melt and solidify multiple times. This will lead to the degradation of nutrients, and also it will taste awful. So, make sure the power supply is constant.
Which Containers Are Best To Store Fresh Juice?
Experts recommend not using plastic containers to store fresh juice. To store juice, the container should be airtight, but the plastic jars are not fully airtight.
Moreover, plastics contain chemicals and toxins. There is a possibility of leaking these chemicals into the juice. So, when you consume that juice, it can be very harmful to your body.
Containers you can use to store fresh juices are:
1. Mason jar: Glass containers are best to store fresh juice. Mason jars are one of the best glass containers. It ensures you zero presence of oxygen.
2. Hermetic jar: Hermetic jar is another option to store fresh juice. It is also a glass container and fully airtight. It’s easy to use. We generally use it store herbs and spices, but you can easily use this for storing juice.
3. Glass bottle: Storing of juice for maximum freshness has become a great concern nowadays. Glass bottle is a very good option for storing juice. It is fully airtight and also if you are thinking of carrying some juice, it is perfect for you. It is safe and very comfortable to use.
4. Glass Pitchers: Glass pitchers can store maximum juices. For a health-conscious person, we would love to recommend glass pitchers. You have options to choose between one litre and two-litre glass pitchers.
5. Stainless steel jars and Tumblers: This type of container saves your juice from the air, sunlight and also maintain temperature. Also, you can carry this container wherever you want.
Which Juicer Should We Use For Fresh Juice?
The Shelf life of your juice depends on which juicer you are using. For longer shelf life, you need to use a juicer with low RPM (Rotations per Minute).
If you use a large RPM juicer, that will occur oxidation which, means it will produce more oxygen that is going to break down the integrity of your juice. Juicers you can use:
1. Centrifugal juicer: Centrifugal juicer is very fast, but RPM is high and very loud. Also, it causes foam and occurs oxidation, which may harm the quality of your juice.
2. Masticating juicer: Masticating juicers are akin to “cold-press juicer.” It has a low RPM, so it is slow. That is why it ensures the best quality of your juice. A very small amount of foam is formed and does not generate much heat, which prevents your juice from browning.
3. Triturating Juicer: They are quiet as masticating juicers. If you want to use a juicer daily, the triturating juicer will be perfect for you. It can juice and also can grind and make them fine, small particles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Can We Store Fresh Juice?
You can store fresh juice up to 3 days right after squeezing but, by preserving in the freezer, you can increase its shelf life. In that case, you can store the juice for 5 days.
2. Can I Store Fresh Juice In The Fridge?
Yes, you can definitely store fresh juice in the fridge. It’s best to fill your juice in the container up to the lid as much as possible. It will help to reduce oxygen, and your juice will stay fresh.
3. How Long Can You Store Fresh Celery Juice?
It’s best to consume celery juice right after you squeeze it. But if you don’t have that option, you can store it in the freezer following the rules carefully. Then you will be able to store it for 3 days maximum.
4. Can You Freeze Your Juice After Juicing?
Yes, it is best to freeze your juice right after juicing. Because when you peel your fruit, from that moment, it starts to lose its nutrients. So, as fast as you can freeze it, you will be more beneficial.
5. Does Freezing Juice Kill Nutrients?
Freezing is the only way to keep the juice fresh. It doesn’t destroy vitamins, minerals, enzymes, or flavor. Make sure you store it in a freezer. There will be no degradation because of freezing. If you store a proper way, it doesn’t lose nutrients.
6. Is Frozen Juice Good For You?
Fresh juice has the most nutritive value. After that, it’s better to consume frozen juice than thawing juice. In the case of orange juice, studies say that frozen orange juice is best to consume.
7. What Should You Not Juice?
You can’t put all the fruits and vegetables in your juicer. Name of the fruits and vegetables that you can’t make juice are avocado, banana, rhubarb, dried fruits, onion, eggplant, broccoli, a whole apple, coconut, pears, kale, spinach, and pineapple.
8. Can You Store Homemade Juice?
Yes, you can store homemade juice. It will not give you that much nutrition as freshly made juice. But you can intake it storing it in the freezer. Make sure you freeze the juice in a mason jar. Then you can store it from 3 to 5 days.
9. What Type Of Juicer Is Best For Juicing?
There are many kinds of juicers in the market- centrifugal juicer, masticating juicer, triturating juicer, etc.
You can have a juicer as per your needs or requirements. Experts suggest using a slow juicer with low RPM (Rotations per Minute). Less RPM juicer generated less heat, so it decreases the possibility of the browning process.
10. What Are The Side Effects Of Juicing?
The juice is included in the diet, which can lead you to slower metabolism in the long term. The juice has less nutritive values than consuming raw fruits and vegetables. Juicing can harm people who have kidney problems. High sugar content is harmful (Especially fruit juice).
Are you still perplexed as to how to store fresh juice for maximum freshness? You can store fresh juice with maximum freshness by following the tricks we have mentioned above.
You can maximize your efforts if you go through the procedures systematically. However, try to consume the juice right after squeezing to get the most nutrients. If you store and notice any discoloration, the odd smell immediately throws away for obvious reasons.