We all love celery juice not just for its nutritional content, but for its pleasant taste. Celery Juices are primarily made from fruits. Juices are consumed in great quantities in homes, offices, and commercial centers like restaurants. You can combine various kinds of fruits to make juice manually, but a large number of juices are made using a juicer. You can use Juicers to make all kinds of celery juices in a very simplified manner. Yes, a juicer is efficient in juicing, but have you ever thought of how to make celery juice without a juicer?
A lot of homes now depend on kitchen appliances for their domestic chores, and they are accustomed to it. They invest a massive amount of money in purchasing these appliances.
In as much as these kitchen appliances are essential, home users must know how to prepare celery juice without juicers.
What if your Juicer suddenly stops to work? What if you took your Juicer for repairs, and suddenly, guests arrive at your home or your shop requesting for juice? Have you ever thought of these? I’m sure you would wish to put your juice-making skills into work. Now that you have realized the reasons why you should know how to make celery juice without a juicer let us highlight how you can use the items already present in your kitchen for efficient and easy juicing.
How to make juice without a juicer
Items Required for general juicing
You would not break a sweat! You just need a filter, a large bowler, and a blender. If any of the items are missing, then purchase it because they are key to the successful preparation of fresh juice.
Summary of Juice-making Procedure Without A Juicer
Now that you know the required juicing items, the next step is to summarize the juice-making process. First, transform the produced items into silky-smooth juice, and after that, put it into the blender for whirling. Hard food like beets and carrots can be scrubbed and peeled, and you should not be perturbed if there is any other food like apple or citrus. This is because strainer is used later-on, so seeding and coring are also manipulated.
If you add water-heavy fruits, then it will be easier for you to prepare a uniform liquid through a concoction blend. When you are done with the first step of blending, place the strainer on top of the bowl and allow the mixture to run through it. In this way, you will be able to filter out any fiber, pulp, or seed that is putting damper experience in the fresh-juice sipping.
If you use a rubber spatula for pushing the mixture into a filter, it is a great idea, and it will work too. With this, you can extract juice as much as you can. Kudos! You can now do it successfully, but wait, we have to take a look at the step-by-step procedures in juicing.
Step-by-Step Guide to Juicing without a juicer
- Half ripe pineapple in chunks form
- Half green apple with seeds and removed stem
- 1cucumber and a quartered juice from a large lemon
- 3 cups kale with removed stem
- Place cucumber, pineapple, kale, half lemon juice, and apple in a blender and blend until a filtered splash of water is sucked.
- Now, place a strainer over a bowl for fine meshing of the juice over that strainer.
- Use rubber spatula for pressing the whole blended material. You can reserve pulp for baked goods such as cakes or muffins, and you can also add them back into smoothies.
- To make it more adorable, put it into a serving glass and enjoy it chilled and cheer.
How to make celery juice without a juicer?
Before discussing the procedure, there is ample need for us to unravel the inherent advantages of consuming celery juice. Research results show that celery contains cluster salts that heal and clean the liver; hence, the reason it should be consumed when the stomach is empty. It is ultimately beneficial for the whole body as we can gain from clearer skin, weight loss, sustained energy, stable moods, reduced bloating, and clearer thinking. He also claimed that drinking celery juice is key to dealing with chronic illnesses like migraines, gout, allergies, blood sugar issues, chronic fatigue syndrome, an autoimmune condition, adrenal issues, addictions, high blood pressure, SIBO, acne, psoriasis, eczema and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
Now, let us proceed to the main idea of how to make celery juice without a juicer. You know you don’t have a juicer, but you don’t have to be worried at all. First of all, toss the celery into a blender for whirling until it becomes slushy and smooth. For squeezing out of all the liquid into the bowl with sprout, use the $5 nut milk bag. Now, try to drink it once or twice a week.
It would be best if you use organic celery. As mentioned above, always drink celery juice in an empty stomach. You can also add cucumber or lemon, but it is more preferred for you to drink it plain.
1. Half 2 bunches of chunked and washed organic celery
- Take a blender, place celery in it, and add a little amount of water if you want it to move consistently.
- Blend until it becomes slushy and smooth
- Take a medium bowl and pour a mixture over it with nut milk mug.
- Gently squeeze the mixture until all the liquid drops down in the bowl.
- Pour the juice into a glass or container, and drink as early as you can.
Few Asked Questions
Why should you drink juice?
Extracts of the Juice from fresh vegetables or fruits contain liquids, and these liquids contain mostly plant chemicals, minerals, and vitamins. Most of the fibers are lost during juicing as compared to eating fresh fruits.
Nutritionists advise that we should all consider juicing. According to them, our body absorbs nutrients in a better way through drinking juice as compared to eating fresh fruits, which gives the digestive system a rest from digestive fibers. They also believe that juicing boosts immunity, reduces the risk of cancer, aid digestion, removes toxin from the body, and helps in losing weight. Meanwhile, until now, no scientific research has proven that juicing is better for health than eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
Juicing is best for those who hesitate to eat fruits and vegetables and especially for older adults or people having dental issues. If you do not like any fruit, then you can taste it by making juice of it, and you can add other supplements to make it more worthy of drinking.
There are some precautionary measures to consider when drinking juice. Keep it in mind that harmful bacteria proliferate in juices, so whenever you are buying any liquid product for drinking, make sure that it is pasteurized.
How to keep the juice fresh?
Sometimes you have to store the juice for a longer duration, and there are lots of chances that juices would lose its nutrients if stored for a longer duration. Under that circumstance, we have to follow some steps to keep it fresh and nutritious.
- Keeping nutrients in juice requires a maximum of 48-72 hours of shelf life.
- Selection of food for juice also matters like bananas, and strawberries have the best ability to withstand freezing temperatures.
- Use low RPM juicers as they generate lesser heat, and the juicing process needs low heat. Whenever there is increased heat, the oxidation process will start. The nutrients and flavor of juice will be diminished.
- When you are going to store the juice, the pulp should not be present in the Juice and Juice without pulp can be stored for more time. The pulp in juice causes browning.
- To extend the life of juice, you can also add preservatives. The mostly used preservative in the market is honey and citric acid.
- Airtight and vacuum-sealed containers also help in juice storage. Vacuum sealed bags remove excess air from the containers or jars.
- Use opaque or dark containers to avoid exposure of the juice to light. The more juice is exposed to light, the more the chances of spoilage.
- Refrigeration is done in order to lower the temperature and to slow the movement of molecules inside the juice. This, in turn, slows down the decomposition, retains freshness, and allows the juice to be stored for a longer time.
Can I use a blender instead of Juicer?
Yes, you can use a blender instead of Juicer. You can easily turn it into a juice blender. A blender will always provide you with a healthy drink. If your Juicer is not functioning, then no need to be worried. You can use the blender, but it will take more time than Juicer, and the liquid will be thicker. More so, you have to cut smaller pieces of desired fruit or vegetable for the juicing. The constituent nutrients are more in materials prepared by blenders as compared to juicers. When you are preparing smoothies, just add little water to it. The fiber contents in the blender will be higher, but it would not be good enough for longer storage. Hence, there are both pros and cons for using a blender instead of a juicer.
Celery juices are highly nutritional are best served when fresh. Many families are dependent on juicers for their juice, but it is pertinent for everyone to know how to make celery juice without a juicer. The steps, the ingredients, and the recipes have been highlighted in this article. Thanks for reading. I’m sure this has helped you a great deal on how to make juices for your home.