So, Today you will learn how to make almond milk with Omega juicer. we have chosen an Omega NC800HDS juicer for making Almond Milk.
Omega juicer is a distinct slow masticating juicer. It’s easier to clean than other masticating juicers. Also, its shape possesses a horizontal structure that enables it to fit beneath kitchen counter shelves.
Omega juicer enables the preservation of the nutrients, enzymes, and vitamins in the almond butter because it runs at a slow rate in speed. The auger used by the Omega NC800HDS, almond milk juicer, is approximately 8 times efficient than the average auger of other juicers. Also, You can try Omega VRT330s Juicer, Heavy Duty Vertical Low-Speed Juicer.
Almond are edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, which is commonly known as the Almond tree. After making an entrance into the earth the first nourishment human being gets is milk. It provides all the nutritional needs of the body.
People have been depending on animal milk for their daily nourishment for a long time. But it was found that milk had a little not-so-good effect on individuals. For milk lovers who love the creamy taste of milk, almond milk is, therefore, the best option.
What Is Almond Milk?
Almond is teardrop-shaped edible seeds, although they are commonly referred to as nuts. Almond milk is one kind of plant milk that we get from almonds with creamy textures and a nutty flavor.
You can afford them blanched or with a shell, which is leaving behind the smooth white interior when treated with hot water.
Over the last few years, almond milk has been gaining popularity and has been around since middle age but most people think it’s a new product to this recent popularity. Now many companies are selling almond nuts considering their popularity.
Almond is found across many different regions as well as been found geographically in Spain right through to East Asia.
Almond milk is rich in nutrients such as magnesium, selenium, calcium, manganese, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, copper, tryptophan, vitamin E, vitaminB2, flavonoid, fiber, as well as protein and doesn’t contain lactose or cholesterol.
How To Make Almond Milk With A Omega Juicer
Here we will explain the procedures on how to make Almond milk with Omega NC800HDS juicer. we have chosen Omega NC800HDS, an almond milk juicer. It does have a powerful motor and because of that, it’s disposed of a bit of noise.
Cleaning the Omega juicer is easy as you can just run water through it, to fully clean you need to take apart the whole juicer. And also it has a small collection cup that limits you to make one cup of almond milk at a time.
Almond has a sweet taste and contains more nutrients than other alternative dairy milk. It is one of those heavenly Staples you should always have in your fridge.
This manufacturing process has been shown to kill many of the natural enzymes and nutrients. Many bought almond milk are pasteurized and have synthesized nutrients added through enrichment and fortification.
As a key ingredient in most of our delicious smoothies, it is good we start making our own from our comfort zone. Homemade almond milk tastes better than store-bought milk, and it has no artificial ingredients.
The best thing about making almond milk with Omega NC800HDS yourself is that you know what is in it and it will have all of the nutrients with no other toxic additives, preservatives, or flavors included. It is really simple and easy to make your own with an almond milk omega juicer.
- 1 cup (100 g) almonds
- 6 cups (1420 ml) of water (divided into two parts)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In 3 cups of water, soak almond throughout the night. It will become soft enough to juice because of the soaking process.
- Pour the used water and rinse the almond seeds thoroughly. Rinse until the water becomes clear.
- 3 cups of water should be added to the bowl.
- Ensure your Omega juicer is set and then turn it on.
- A large spoonful of water and almond should be added to the top of the Omega juicer slowly.
- Add almond and water continuously into the Omega Juicer. (Tip: To make a healthy dessert you can keep the almond pulp)
- When the pitcher is full, you can stop. To remove the leftover pieces, strain the almond milk through a mesh colander.
- Add up flavors like vanilla extract and stevia if necessary.
- Ready to enjoy!! Moreover, You can also store it in containers.
- Prep Time: 12 hours ( Including soaking time )
- Juicing Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 12 hours, 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 6 (48 oz total)
- Serving Size: 8 12 oz (250 ml)
How To Make Almond Milk Without Juicer
1 cup of raw almond, 2 cups of water, agave syrup, or maple syrup as a sweetener. Sugar can also serve as a sweetener but its taste will not be as good. You can also make use of honey which provides a nice natural sweetener if you are not vegan.
- Soak almond for 2 days. The almond should be covered with water and it should be an inch above the bowl, over a period of time the water will soak the almond. The creamier you want your almond milk to be, the longer you soak it.
- Afterward, the almond should be removed from the soaking water, and rinsed several times under running water.
- Add the almond with two cups of water into the blender.
- To break up the almond you should pulse the blender a couple of times. Blend at relatively high speed for 2 minutes to split up the almond and to scrap the sides you may need to stop halfway. The almond should be a very fine grain in the water when finished, and the water Itself should be white.
- Through a very fine sieve strain the almonds. To press out the whole liquid from the almond, you will need to use a wooden spoon and the final result should be basically looking like regular dairy milk.
- Store the almond milk in a refrigerator for 2 days after you must have sweetened to taste.
Benefits of Almond Milk
People might not realize these days the health benefits of almond milk with all the different kinds of milk out there. Almond milk comes from almonds and has a light and frothy fresh taste, as the name implied, almond milk is very healthy and it’s an excellent alternative that is similar to cow’s milk.
For people that are lactose intolerant, it has proven itself to be a perfect form of milk. It contains more nutrients than other dairy products and it is an extract of protein-rich almond.
It is very light, crisp, and nutty with a unique taste. For a pleasant morning treat, a good use for it would be to add it to your coffee or wheat cream.
The nutrients of this drink are natural and better than soy milk. For those who cannot drink soy milk, almond milk extract is a tasty alternative. The coolest thing about it is being a safe option for people suffering from milk allergies.
The useful side of its practicality is another benefit of milk. Being different from other dairy products, it doesn’t need to stay at a cold temperature. Almond milk has easy requirements for storage and it is best kept at room temperature.
If we consider 1 ounce (28 g) or about 24 whole unsalted almonds, Then we will get 164 Calories, 14.2 g Fat, 0 mg Sodium, 6.1 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fiber, 1.2 g surges & 6 g protein from the 28 g mentioned amount almonds. This research was done by the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Other Health Benefits of Almond Milk:
- It has a large amount of magnesium. It assists in the transformation of energy in the food into usable energy
- The enzymes in the body system can be put into action by manganese. Bones and teeth can be healthy.
- Your heart functions improve to help maintain normal blood pressure through the help of potassium which the benefit of almonds is derived from
- Vitamin E has a good source in it
- Selenium is efficient for the body system and it is also found in almond. It functions in the metabolism of thyroid thereby preventing tissue and cell damage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is It Cheaper To Make Your Own Almond Milk?
Almond milk is easy to make with Omega NC800HDS. It requires two ingredients which are water and almond. So you have no excuse for not making your own.
Store-bought products include recipes like sunflower, potassium citrate, gellan gum, and lecithin. So it is clear that making it at the comfort of your home gives you a simpler product.
But going the homemade route gives economic gains, as well. If you have less time, you can buy almond milk from the shop.
How Long Does Homemade Almond Milk Last?
Though the homemade almond milk can last up to 3 days in the fridge so we don’t recommend making a large batch or more than required. They are no need to make extra! Because it is easy to make when needed.
Is Homemade Almond Milk Healthier?
Homemade almond milk is similar to regular milk in its nutrient content, as they both contain calcium, protein, and vitamin D.
Almond milk is Rich most especially in vitamin E, however, it is also naturally rich in several vitamins and minerals.
Homemade almond milk is a good source as it is enriched often with calcium. It may reduce the risk of osteoporosis among those who don’t consume dairy products by its regular consumption
In summary, we have pointed out the procedures on how to make almond milk with an Omega juicer or without a juicer. Almond milk can be a lactose-free milk substitute and can also be a good low-calorie.
It contains lots of nutrients via the usage of Omega NC800HDS for its making and also mild taste. Use it as a base for a nutrient-packed chocolate shake or also use it plain with cereal